STRIKE AGAINST WAR
HONESTY BOX Our news isn’t free for those who work hard to bring it to you. We are totally dependent upon donations sent by investors in free media. To find out who click Teamwork and please share stories.
- Again, to our very foolish leader (Barrack Obama), do not attack Syria. If you do many very bad things will happen. The United States will not benefit from this decision in any way. ~ Donald Trump, September 3, 2013.
- Senators who voted to attack Syria received 83 per cent more campaign money from military contractors than lawmakers voting no.
- If those who support aggressive war had seen a fraction of what I’ve seen, if they’d watched children fry to death from Napalm and bleed to death from a cluster bomb, they might not utter the claptrap they do. ~ Journalist John Pilger.
- The 10 most hated countries in the world. The US topped the poll and Israel was the second most hated country in the world. ~ Abcnewspoint June 13, 2015.
- War is a profitable business: It seems that the US has placed it at the heart of its economy. This is why US politicians and military officials have claimed that Russia poses a threat to their nation and its allies. ~ Finian Cunningham.
- War is the terrorism of the rich. Terrorism is the war of the poor. Peter Ustinov.
- War is when people shoot each other, who don’t even know each other, on the behalf of people who know each other, but don’t shoot each other. ~ Anon.
- The United States doesn’t prosecute its war criminals. It honours them. ~ Journalist Glenn Greenwald.
- The pioneers of a warless world are the young men (and women) who refuse military service. ~ Albert Einstein.
- The US is seen by the people of the world as the greatest threat to peace in the world today. Only 2% see Russia as such a threat, and 6% see China. ~ William Blum, chronicler US Empire, 130th Anti-Empire Report.
- A time will come when a politician who has willfully made war and promoted international dissension will be as sure of the dock and much surer of the noose than a private homicide. It is not reasonable that those who gamble with men’s lives should not stake their own. ~ H. G. Wells.
- Strike against war, for without you no battles can be fought! Strike against manufacturing shrapnel and gas bombs and all other tools of murder! Strike against preparedness that means death and misery to millions of human beings! Be not dumb, obedient slaves in an army of destruction! Be heroes in an army of construction. ~ Helen Keller.
- The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. ~ Aldous Huxley, English novelist, and critic, 1894-1963.
- American strategists have calculated the proportion of civilians killed in this century’s major wars. In the First World War, 5 per cent of those killed were civilians, in the Second World War 48 per cent, while in a Third World War 90-95 per cent would be civilians: Colin Ward, Anarchy in Action.
- It is part of the general pattern of misguided policy that our country is now geared to an arms economy which was bred in an artificially induced psychosis of war hysteria and nurtured upon an incessant propaganda of fear. ~ US General Douglas MacArthur.
- Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it. ~ George Bernard Shaw.
- No one man or group of men incapable of fighting or exempt from fighting should in any way be given the power, no matter how gradually it is given them, to put this country or any country into war. ~ War Correspondent Ernest Hemingway.
- The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners never do. ~ Samuel P. Huntington.
- It’ll be a great day when education gets all the money it wants and the Air Force has to hold a bake sale to buy bombers. ~ Author unknown, quoted in You Said a Mouthful edited by Ronald D. Fuchs.
- The enemy aggressor is always pursuing a course of larceny, murder, rapine, and barbarism. We are always moving forward with high mission, a destiny imposed by the Deity to regenerate our victims while incidentally capturing their markets, to civilise savage and senile and paranoid peoples while blundering accidentally into their oil wells. ~John Flynn, 1944.
- Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy. ~ Henry Kissinger as quoted in Kiss the Boys Goodbye.
- The Swiss scientist Jean-Jacques Babel found that during the last 5,700 years humanity fought 14,500 wars with three and a half billion dead. That is half of today’s world population. In the years 1991, for example, there were 52 wars or warlike crises on this earth.
HELP US TO STOP WAR: Donate by using PayPal, Western Union or registered mail. 2) Follow our blog. 3) Share our stories and 4) buy our books. 5) Receive free newsletters by writing subscribe to email@example.com. Click ‘Mike Walsh’ to meet the publisher of The Ethnic European.